At a Glance
Faculty, staff and students organizing events or projects with demonstrated support.
Support globally themed projects and events on campus or in the surrounding community that deepen knowledge and understanding of our complex world.
ID# 1368 | Last Updated: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
The Center for Global Initiatives welcomes proposals seeking support for globally themed local projects and events that deepen knowledge and understanding of our complex world.
Eligibility and Restrictions
In order to be eligible for funding, projects and events must:
- Take place on campus or in the local community;
- Articulate a global theme;
- Demonstrate a matching financial commitment from at least one other unit on campus;
- Be organized by a person or unit affiliated with UNC;
- Preference is given to proposals that involve more than one department or school to encourage interdisciplinary work and to proposals that engage faculty, students and staff;
- Priority is given to proposals that open access to global opportunities;
- All awards granted during the current academic year must be expended by May 31. For activities with a later start date, please submit your application in the next academic year.
Each faculty/staff member or student is limited to one Matching Funds award each academic year.
Available funding: Awarded amount will rarely exceed $250. None of the awarded amount can be used for food or catering.
Notification of Award
Applicants will receive award or rejection notices via email one to two weeks after submitting an application. Please do not contact the Center for Global Initiatives to inquire about the status of your application during this time frame. However, if you have not received a notice three weeks after you submit your application, please let us know.
If you receive this award, you will be required to submit a final report using the Center for Global Initiatives’ Online Reporting System. This system collects narratives and data about funded projects to enable the Center to determine whether its programmatic purposes are being met.
Niklaus Steiner Director, Center for Global Initiatives
Related Information Sessions & Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.