UNC Center for Global Initiatives Carolina Global Photography Banner Contest
Congratulations to our 2013 Banner Contest Winner!
Mayan Ladder Golden Stream, Belize
"Usually when I am building something, and I can't find a ladder, I give up. James, a Kekchi Mayan man I worked with this summer, did not let a missing ladder slow his work of installing solar panels on a local school house. Elegantly perched on a board propped perilously against a wall, James' feet tell stories of his life. Bringing young children light, computers and hope, one step at a time."
--Tait Chandler, Undergraduate Student, Global Studies and Environmental Studies
Voting now closed.
1. Banner contest photos were chosen by the Carolina Global Photography Competition Judges.
2. The image that receives the most votes will be printed as a 10 ft banner and displayed in the UNC FedEx Global Education Center beginning January 1, 2013.
3. You must have a Facebook account to cast a vote. Only one vote allowed per Facebook account.
4. The contest runs from 8 am, November 6, 2012 through 11:59 pm, November 11th, 2012.
5. The winner will be notified by email on November 12, 2012.
Questions? Contact Beth-Ann Kutchma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Global Initiatives is a catalyst for the innovative work of faculty and students at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It is nimble and entrepreneurial in its approach to fostering initiatives that deepen knowledge and understanding of our complex world.
For its work, the Center is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of only eleven National Resource Centers in Global Studies.