The Center for Global Initiatives (CGI), Study Abroad and UNC Global are pleased to announce a collaborative call for entries to the 14th Annual Carolina Global Photography Competition. This is an amateur photography competition that is open to all students, faculty, staff and of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
1. Submit this form
By submitting the "Carolina Global Photography Competition Entry Form," entrants grant permission to UNC for a non-exclusive license to use the photos submitted to the contest. Entrants provide permission to UNC to copy, distribute, display, modify, edit, or condense submitted photos and corresponding captions, credits and entrant biographical information. Entrants also grant UNC permission to use photos submitted as part of this competition in print and web-based projects associated with UNC. Entrants represent that they have the right to enter into this agreement and that the photos are original to them. Entrants retain copyright and ownership of photos.
2. Email photos to email@example.com.
1. Entry Period: April 29, 2013 through September 30, 2013. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must be created exclusively by the entrant.
2. Photo specs
Both old and new photos will be accepted. There is NO submission restriction for the time period when the photo was taken. Photos that have been altered are also eligible (ie-altered with Photoshop, Lightroom, etc).
3. Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on whether the image and caption description:
1) conveys knowledge
2) explores the under-represented in traditional media
3) demonstrates artistic merit.
Grand Prize: TBA
Second Place: TBA
Third Place: TBA
Winners will be notified by email.
5. Exhibit: Winning entries and selected photos will be exhibited in the UNC Fedex Global Education Center January through February 2014. Winning submissions may also be published in the Center for Global Initiatives 2014 Calendar.
6. Please review these guidelines for taking culturally sensitive photos http://www.culturosity.com/pdfs/CulturallySensitivePhotography.pdf