April 14, 2012 | FedEx Global Education Center
Priority Registration Deadline: April 5, 2012 at 5pm
The GO! Initiative is designed to help students evaluate expectations, anticipate potential cultural and ethical challenges, prepare for engagement in communities, and develop intercultural competencies.
Highlights of this event are:
- a welcome by Dr. Jan Boxill, chair of the faculty and director of the Parr Center for Ethics
- a student plenary where you'll hear first-hand about ethical challenges faced by other students
- small group facilitated discussions where you'll have the opportunity for an engaging and challenging dialog
- an intimate global connections lunch with individuals from the countries or regions where you'll travel
- two global workshop sessions led by world-renowned faculty and staff on issues of critical importance to your global engagement work
- networking opportunities with other students embarking on global engagement experiences
The orientation is open to UNC students who will complete global engagement work – service, internships, research or service-learning, this summer or next fall.
Click here to register now or browse the schedule or list of workshops to learn more!