The GO! Initiative is designed to help students evaluate expectations, anticipate potential cultural and ethical challenges, prepare for engagement in communities, and develop intercultural competencies.
Highlights of this event are:
- a welcome by Dr. Ron Strauss, UNC's executive vice-provost and chief international officer.
- a student plenary where you'll hear first-hand about ethical challenges faced by other students
- small group facilitated discussions where you'll have the opportunity for an engaging and challenging dialog
- an intimate global connections lunch with individuals from the countries or regions where you'll travel
- two global workshop sessions led by world-renowned faculty and staff on issues of critical importance to your global engagement work
- networking opportunities with other students embarking on global engagement experiences
The orientation is open to UNC students who will complete global engagement work – service, internships, research or service-learning, or a study abroad experience that incorporates these.