At A Glance
Faculty, staff and students organizing events or projects with demonstrated support.
Support globally themed projects and events that deepen knowledge and understanding of our complex world.
ID# 1368 | Last Updated: Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Note: Please use the following information about this opportunity as a general guideline. Eligibility and other information are subject to change until the application opens.
As a catalyst for the innovative work of faculty and students at UNC, the Center for Global Initiatives welcomes proposals seeking support for globally themed projects and events that deepen knowledge and understanding of our complex world.
Eligibility and Restrictions
In order to be eligible for funding, projects and events must:
- Articulate a global theme that is central to its goals;
- Demonstrate a matching financial commitment from at least one other unit on campus;
- Involve a project that is organized by a person or unit affiliated with UNC;
- Involve a project that takes place on campus or in the surrounding community;
- Preference is given to proposals that involve more than one department or school in order to encourage interdisciplinary work and to proposals that engage faculty, students and staff;
- Priority is given to proposals that open access to global opportunities;
- All awards granted during the current academic year must be expended by May 31. For activity with a later start date, please hold your application until awards reopen next academic year.
PLEASE NOTE: Each faculty/staff member or student is limited to one Matching Funds award each academic year.
Available funding: Awarded amount will rarely exceed $250. None of the awarded amount can be used for food or catering.
Notification of Award
Applicants will receive award or rejection notices via email one to two weeks after submitting an application. Please do not contact the Center for Global Initiatives to inquire about the status of your application during this time frame. However, if you have not received a notice three weeks after you submit your application, please let us know.
If you receive this award, you will be required to submit a final report using the Center for Global Initiatives’ Online Reporting System. This system collects narratives and data about funded projects to enable the Center to determine whether its programmatic purposes are being met.
Niklaus Steiner Director, Center for Global Initiatives
Related Information Sessions & Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.