Staff & Professional Positions
There are no positions currently available.
For a comprehensive listing of all career opportunities at UNC, please visit the University’s jobs portal.
Gain valuable professional experience relevant to communications, global education, and program management with the Center for Global Initiatives, a vibrant National Resource Center in global education, and work a small, upbeat team of creative staff who award funding for international travel and run a variety of globally themed initiatives. This is an excellent fit for (but not limited to) those interested in global studies, higher education or internationally focused careers.
Summer Internship (unpaid)
Deadline: Friday, May 19
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Emily Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org answering:
- Why do you care about your Carolina peers having global opportunities (studying abroad, learning foreign languages, and doing service or research abroad)?
- What do you bring to the internship in terms of your skills, experiences and who you are as a person?
Schedule & Details
- This internship is an unpaid opportunity for work experience only.
- Summer: 7 to 10 hours per week, flexible scheduling
- Tentative start: late May
- Tentative end: late July or early August
- Unfortunately, parking is not available on site. Applicants should be able to easily walk or move between the FedEx Global Education Center and the Student Union and transport additional outreach materials if needed, up to 20 lbs in a rolling luggage cart.
Regardless of whether you are selected for an internship, we strongly encourage you to come to us as you seek global opportunities for yourself!
These positions are offered as an unpaid internship for professional experience or an S3 level work-study position (if you have a confirmed award). Past interns have also pursued earning credit in relevant media and journalism courses with these internships as their work placements.